Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
As we approach the concluding month of 2013, there are a lot of things that we can be thankful for:
- The Rejoice Project has had the opportunity to impact 8,000+ youth in East Africa with the gospel message of God's love for them and their "specialness" in his eyes - Zephaniah 3:17.
- Journey Internship saw another 19 young adults, representing 14 different college campuses across the US, be challenged and empowered in their relationships with God through discipleship.
- Kimbilio secured the property for the future children's home, with immediate plans of being utilized as a resource and training center for currently operating children's homes.
- The Rejoice Project added 60+ leaders to The Rejoice Team, adults being discipled, mentored, and trained in the virtues of The Rejoice Project, spearheading the project in their respective communities.
- Journey Internship brought back 5 Journey alumni to lead & support the discipleship of the 2013 Journey interns - allowing Choose to Invest leadership the opportunity to disciple each of these individuals into deeper levels with God.
- Kimbilio has made major strides in the development and planning of its internal and external discipleship plans - plans to disciple and empower the children taken into the home, the staff serving the children, volunteers, and homes currently in operation.
I have served with this organization, first as a trip participant and now as a full-time missionary, and can tell you that there are a lot of things to be thankful for. Rarely have I ever seen such favor on an organization or leadership so devoted to understanding and following the will of God, even if that looks or plays out differently than any of them could have planned or imagined. Standing on this side of many of those "looks or plays out differently" situations, I can say, with confidence, that this organization is in a place much different and much better than any man could have ever brought forth by his own will. I'm always thankful for moments to look back upon the faithfulness of God and am reminded of this Psalm as it says, "his faithfulness continues through all generations." As we continue in our mission to disciple and empower the next generation to know Jesus and to make him known, I am sure that there will be even more opportunities of thankfulness and moments of rejoicing in God's provision and favor. All of this leads me to my final point of thankfulness: you. Thank you for your support through encouragement and daily prayer, your generosity with the gifts and talents God has blessed you with, and your heart to see a new generation of leaders rise up and stake their claim, boldly, in the Kingdom of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. He is the sole reason we have any chance in this line of work. It is by his continued mercies and graces that we will ceaselessly rejoice in his name, the work he is allowing us to do and witness, and in each new child of God we welcome home.