Words cannot describe how excited I am to be part of Rejoice project. I had prayed for many years that God will help me reach many souls of the youth for Jesus. I started sport evangelism, which answered part of my prayer. In 2012 God answered my prayer in another continent far from Africa (U.S.A) through the family I treasure most (The Averys).
My 4-year journey as rejoice project coordinator is life changing. I thank God for giving me an opportunity to witness great transformation of our youths through rejoice project. For the last 4 years, we have developed leaders, and this is evident in high schools. This year I did my own analysis, to know whether students from our communities are practicing virtues we taught them in high schools. I was amazed to find that we have 39 students who have been appointed leaders of Christian movement and other areas in their schools. I know that leadership development is not an event but a process. I am still making other leaders through rejoice project who will take over the leadership of our community and transform it.
Rejoice project has changed my life and my family positively in the following areas:
1. Learn rejoice curriculum, live it, and pass it on to other people.
2. Rejoice project has transformed me to become a role model in my community.
3. Through rejoice project, I have become a good teacher of the word of God.
4. Through the virtues we teach pupils, I have became a virtuous man in my family.
5. Through the knowledge I have gotten from this project, a have reached many people who are currently going to church.
6. I have been able to train other leaders,who are currently discipling other people in the community.
STORY OF PRIMARY SCHOOL CHILDREN
This month rejoice team introduced the virtue of humility in our schools. They emphasize through definition how they are supposed to put the interest of other people first by giving up what they think they deserve.
Pupils came up with an idea of contributing some money to help one boy who cannot stand or walk; the boy is 11 years old. His father has a hump and he is a Pastor of A.I.P.C.A church. They contributed 907 shillings and requested me to take that money to they boy.
Thanks so much!
Harun, Rejoice Project Coordinator in East Africa